Thursday, March 24, 2011

Do you want a boyfriend??

"Well do you want a boyfriend?" I don't know how many times I have been asked that question when people find out that I am not dating or that I have never had a boyfriend.  So what's the answer to that question?

Short answer: Yes I would love to have a boyfriend....are you ready here comes the but...
BUT, not until its in God's timing for me to have one. Not until I meet someone who I feels meets my standards. Not until we are build a friendship first.

I really don't get the confusion people have about my stance...I am not trying to be celibate or antisocial. I am "letting God write my love story" because honestly if I tried to write it, it would be a big fat FAIL! God is the author and finisher of not only my faith but I believe of my life.

Why would I struggle and try to write a novel myself that's not even sub par when I have the master author and planner available to help me, guide me and ultimately write my story so much more beautiful than I ever could! So much better than I ever could!

So here's the deal. Yes, I can't wait to be in a relationship with a special guy but yet again I can wait on God's timing because I know without a shadow of doubt its the best. So yeah there's my venting for today....ha ha. =P

1 comment:

  1. I agree. God's pretty much always got better plans in mind. Acually, He's ALWAYS got the BEST plans in mind! One of the things I've learned from Josh Harris is that God is actually the one waiting on us: waiting on us to mature, to be able to financially, emotionally, physically, and spritually handle a family, to create a place in our hearts for a spouse but a greater place for our God. Until we've learned those lessons, God usually doesn't bless us with the relationship He wants to give us.

    ReplyDelete

A couple of rules and guidelines for comments:

1. Please have them be appropriate... in the langauge you use, your grammer (As much as possible. I don't expect perfection.), and in regards to staying on the subject of the post.

2. Be honest. Share stories and personal experiances if you would like but please don't share names and locations and such...I don't say this to be mean but to protect everyone here =)