Saturday, October 6, 2012

10 things I wish I could say...

The thing that drives me to most crazy at work is customers and that is what my work is all about...generally we have really, good, respectful gals that come through the store....but with those great people come the few horrible customers as well...

So here is the top ten things I wish customers knew

10. I don't control the sales...I can't help it if you don't think its a good sale. Corporate sends us a list of what goes on sale and I just put out the signs for that sale....Also don't ask me to tell you what day we do price changes or change our sales. I am not allowed to tell you.

9. I am more than happy to help you and when I ask you if you need help I am not trying to be annoying or pushy so you don't have to be rude.

8. I can't help it if you are denied for the store credit card when you sign up. I don't control your credit score.

7. I think your kid is adorable....until they throw crackers on the floor, scream the whole time, crawl under wardrobers, and make messes in general. At that point I wish you would just control your kids or leave. Sorry.

6. Trying on stuff is encouraged...making a mess of the fitting rooms while doing so is not...So please its not hard. Put your clothes back on the hanger and bring them two steps outside your room to the rack for go backs...I promise it doesn't take long. Also, we appreciate it if you wouldn't leave them on the floor either.

5. If you have a store credit card and wanna use it...PLEASE bring it in the store with you. Looking up your account is possible but time consuming and you are generally not patient.

4. Don't cut in line because you are in a hurry. Nobody likes that.

3. If you are trying to match an item that you don't have with you...don't expect me to be too helpful because as much as you describe it I can not see it and really know what to pull for you. I can try but don't get too frustrated with me.

2. Don't get mad at me when I ask you if you want to buy a discount card for a charity that you don't believe in...I might not even believe in everything they do but its my job. Just say no and don't scream at me about how Susan G Komen is evil because they have a tie with Planned Parenthood.  I know they are affiliated. I don't like it either.

1. Don't tell me what to do when you get frustrated with me because the transaction is not going the way that you thought it should...most likely I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A couple of rules and guidelines for comments:

1. Please have them be appropriate... in the langauge you use, your grammer (As much as possible. I don't expect perfection.), and in regards to staying on the subject of the post.

2. Be honest. Share stories and personal experiances if you would like but please don't share names and locations and such...I don't say this to be mean but to protect everyone here =)