Wednesday, October 10, 2012

20 books I am glad I read before I turned 21

Before I start the list I have to say that this was not a completely original idea I saw something like it on another blog and I wanted to do one. :) Also I  haven't turned 21 yet but I will next month  so I think the title applies...

1. Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
     This book had a huge impact on my life as a teenager and I still live by those principles today! A must read for anyone.

2. Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His by Robin J. Gunn and Tricia Goyer
     I loved this book I felt it didn't focus as much on the future husband as it did your relationship with the Lord while waiting.

3. Financial Peace  by Dave Ramsey
      It is never too early to learn how to handle your finances and stay debt free! 

4. Passion and Purity by Elizabeth Elliot
     A lot of people call it old fashioned but I loved this book. I learned so much from it and it is very biblically sound. Plus I loved reading Elizabeth and Jim's sweet, pure, God written love story!

5. Christy by Catherine Marshall
     Its based off and true story and well just really really good. I couldn't put it down!

6. Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild by Mary Kassian
   The name and cover of this book look honestly like a cheesy teen christian girl book BUT ITS NOT! It examines the proverbs women very in depth and brings a lot of issues and truths to light. It really does teach you to live as a biblical woman!

7. Becoming God's True Woman by Nancy Leigh Demoss and others
     I went to a True Woman conference that was amazing and this is like having that conference in a small book! Its very similar to the book above but with some slightly different perspective.

8. As Silver Refined by Kay Arthur
    Wonderful book about trials and how God is there for you, His beloved child.

9.   Sherlock Holmes (all of them) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Greatest detective of all time. Worth the read.

10.  The Christy Miller series, Sierria Jensen series, and Katie Weldon series by Robin J. Gunn
    Maybe its cheating lumping three series here at number ten but seriously I can't not mention these books. I grew up with the characters and I learned so much about faith, relationships, and making the right decisions with them. I feel like these girls have been my best friends since I was fourteen. ( I know I am weird! haha)

11. The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
     Another faith strengthener.

12. With Daring Faith the biography of Amy Carmicheal
      All I can say is that God does some amazing things through some amazing people.

14. Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Jacobson
      I just read this one and while it has no real spiritual depth or anything I enjoyed it a lot.

15. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
     I shouldn't even have to explain this. haha 

16.  The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
     A good take on how Satan works in our everyday lives.

17. The Elsie Dinsmore Series 
     Sweet books about a young girl who loves the Lord. Not completely true to life fiction but an excellent role model.

18. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
    I shouldn't have to explain this either. Such a fun book!

19. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
    Sorry if this offends some people but judging by my other books you should gather I am not a witch. I do however love the magical books that are Harry Potter!

20. The Bible the Inspired Word of God
     Last but certainly the best and greatest!!!!          

    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

A couple of rules and guidelines for comments:

1. Please have them be appropriate... in the langauge you use, your grammer (As much as possible. I don't expect perfection.), and in regards to staying on the subject of the post.

2. Be honest. Share stories and personal experiances if you would like but please don't share names and locations and such...I don't say this to be mean but to protect everyone here =)